Stay up-to-date with the latest Australian AgTech news
Subscribe to the AgTech newsletter
Agersens eShepherd is a world first IoT driven platform comprising a solar powered neckband and a cloud-based application which farmers can use to fence, move and monitor their livestock. Neckbands contain a CSIRO patented program that trains livestock to recognise and stay within virtual boundaries by using an audio cue and an electric pulse. Farmers create or modify a virtual paddock using a web application on their laptop or tablet. The virtual fence GPS co-ordinates are sent wirelessly to each animal's neckband via an internet connected base station. The neckbands then operate autonomously to train each animal. eShepherd provides the following benefits:
1. enabling automated controlled grazing programs to increase pasture utilization, pasture biomass production and deliver more kilograms of beef per hectare or litres of milk per cow
2. reduce the cost of mustering cattle on large pastoral properties
3. reduce the labour units to move and monitor beef and dairy cattle
4. reduce the cost to build and maintain fencing
5. reduce the cost of riparian fencing
6. provide a flood and fireproof, wildlife fencing method for managing riparian zones and stock access to sensitive environments
7. improve animal health and welfare by 24/7 monitoring of individual cattle
8. increase calving rate by more effective stock control during joining season
9. improve soil health and nutrition by enabling rotational or cell grazing to be implement on scale in large pastoral enterprises.
Hardware is priced per unit for each neckband with economies of scale provided for installations above 1000 and 5000 head. Base stations are charged per unit installed. Software is provided on a monthly subscription. There are no costs for data based transactions and messaging. Additional software as a service and data based decision support services offered now or in the future will have their one subscription pricing models.
The solution is installed by our distribution partners team or certified third party installer.
Our distribution partner has technical support staff on the ground in each distribution territory and a phone hotline to support producers. Agersens provides a 2nd tier support service to back up the distribution partners' plan. The farmer/producer uses an Agersens provided application on tablet or computer and pays a small annual subscription for access to the system, their data and software upgrades.
Solar, Mains powered
NB-IoT, 3G/4G, Satellite
Customer owns the identified raw data generated by the devices they own. Agersens owns decision support information developed from customer data using Agersens Intellectual Property. Agersens owns and uses de-identified data.
We maintain a secure cloud environment to secure our customers data, Agersens data, and meet our regulatory obligations.
Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to our legal statement.